Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Intro to blogging

Well, I've moved to a new home. It's full of old people, including me. I'm the liveliest person there. The staff is at the door every few hours to tell me something special that's going on. I went to a western concert given by three old cowboys. They were fun to listen to for the first half hour, and the bench I sat on kept getting harder and harder, but it was fun. They even sang a few songs I recognized. Today my cable was hooked up and I get all the movie channels, so I can never complain that I am getting bored.

They have a very good menu here, but there's too much of it. I feel ungrateful for leaving most of it on my plate. I've met a lot of nice people, and we exchange names, but I forget them as soon as I walk away. A nurse comes in every day for the first three days and takes my temperature, etc, etc, etc. The first one left her thermometer there. At first I forgot what it was until the second nurse came in and put another thermometer in my mouth.

I've been working on unpacking, but the more I unpack, the more boxes appear, and my rooms are filled with used packing paper. I really like it here. Mandy is taking wonderful care of me, and I see a lot of her and Blake. I guess that's all for now. Bye and love to all of you.

5 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

pictures - pictures - pictures rah rah rah

Carlos Chacon said...

GG--welcome to the blogosphere. Nice to have you on board. While we can't be there with you, it does us good to know you are well and happy.

Emily Marie said...

Dito to Carlos and I love you so much! Hope to see you around Georges wedding date! :)

John said...

Hey Mom! Nice to see you up here on the 'net!!! I'm so happy to hear that you like your new "digs."

I'll call you when I get home tonight (Thursday).

LOVE YOU!

johnny

BOB said...

Yes....I am finally here. I think this is pretty cool you are on the internet, did you ever think back in the 40's you would be involved in anything like this? So....your the spring chicken there huh? Any good looking men? Ha,ha! Hope you are comfortable with your new surroundings, I will be trying to make it out there A.S.A.P..I will be going out this summer to California for job related reasons, maybe I can make the extra miles and see you then, keep your fingers crossed. Love you, Bob